The primary functions of the IMU include:
- The formation of strategic and operational Information & Communication Technology (ICT)/ Information Systems (IS) plans for the Ministry which complement and contribute towards the attainment of the national Government ICT strategy.
- Providing direction and support to the Permanent Secretary on strategic ICT matters.
- Managing ICT/IS support, contractors and monitoring service provision.
- Managing the information technology/systems within the Ministry.
- Managing the ICT budget and the optimisation of ICT resources.
- Identifying ICT/IS training needs and carrying out training as required.
- Applying Governmental-wide policies, standards and procedures.
- ICT/IS research and governance
The Information Management Unit collaborates with the Malta Information Technology Agency (MITA), other ministries, broader public sector organizations and private sector suppliers on cross-government initiatives in support of government’s objectives.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org